A drink is a liquid meant for consumption. Names of some drinks are water, tea, and milk. On the other hand the word “beverages” is also used to mean “drinks”. Drinks vocabulary in English contains the words that refer to beverages.
Table of Contents
⬤ Pictures of drinks vocabulary
⬤ Names of drinks in English
- green tea
- herbal tea
- hot chocolate
⬤ Drinks game online
The flashcards below have images on one side. Click on them to see the names of the beverages.
⬤ Flip cards
⬤ Beverages in daily usage
- I am thirsty. Can I have a glass of water?
- I am full. I don’t want anything.
- There is a glass of lemonade on the table.
- I would like a cup of coffee.
- I drink tea every morning.
- Orange juice is my favourite beverage.
- She wants to drink coffee after the meal.
- It’s a cold day. I will have some hot chocolate.
- Are you thirsty? – Yes, I want some water, please.
- What is your favourite drink? – My favourite drink is mineral water
- Can I have a cup of coffee, please. – Yes, of course.
- Do you want some water? – Yes, please.
- How about some ice tea? – No, thanks. I am not thirsty.
- What about some coke? – No, thanks. I am not thirsty.
- Do you want some mineral water? – No, thanks.
- Are you thirsty? Do you want some fruit juice? – Thanks, maybe later.
- Want some milk? – Sure, of course.
- What would you like to drink? – I would like to drink orange juice, please.
- Would you like something to drink? – I’ll have a glass of water.
- Would you like to order any drinks? – No, not now. Thanks.
- How much is a can of coke? – That’s $2
People drink coffee all over the world. In fact, The British Coffee Association says that it is the second most popular drink. The first one is water. We drink about 2 billion cups of coffee every day. People in Britain drink 70 million cups of coffee every day. People drink coffee differently. For example expresso and instant coffee. As you can see a speedy world requires speedy coffee and so that we continue consuming coffee all around the world.
⬤ Beverages vocabulary online exercises
|• Flashcards worksheet|
|• Activity worksheet|
|• Word scramble game worksheet|
|• Word search puzzle worksheet|
External resource links:
You can click drinks in English to watch a video. You can also play games about drinks vocabulary. And this is a pdf worksheet . You may also read articles. For example, you can read and listen “Hot Drinks Linked to Cancer” here.