A nation refers to the people with common language, culture and history living in the same country or territory. Nationality is the condition of belonging to a certain nation which is a legal tie between the person and the state.
Table of Contents
- ⬤ Nationalities with pronunciations and flags
- ⬤ Word list of nationalities in English
- ⬤ Flashcards exercise about nationalities
- ⬤ Flip the card game about nationalities
- ⬤ Example sentences about the nationalities
- ⬤ Asking questions about nationalities in English
- ⬤ Reading passage
- ⬤ Images of nationalities vocabulary to download and share
- ⬤ Picture quiz about the nationalities vocabulary
- ⬤ Listening test with pictures
- ⬤ Writing test with pictures
- ⬤ Spelling test about nationalities
- ⬤ Worksheets about nationalities to download
⬤ Nationalities with pronunciations and flags
These are the T-shirts that represent the nationalities. You can click on picture to listen to the pronunciation.
⬤ Word list of nationalities in English
- South Korean
⬤ Flashcards exercise about nationalities
In this flashcards exercise first say the name of the nationality on the cards and then click on it to check your answer.
⬤ Flip the card game about nationalities
In this exercise tap on each card and tell the name of the nationality in your native language.
⬤ Example sentences about the nationalities
Here is how to say nationalities.
- He is Russian.
- We are Chinese.
- They are Arabian.
- She is British.
- Indians are nice people.
- Italians live in Italy.
- I am Mexican. I live in Mexico.
- I am Spanish and I live in Spain.
⬤ Asking questions about nationalities in English
Here is how to ask nationalities in English.
⬤ What nationality are you? – I am Canadian.
⬤ What nationality is he? He is Japanese.
⬤ What nationality is Jhon? – He is English.
⬤ What nationality is Maria? – She is Italian.
⬤ What nationality are they? – They are Spanish.
⬤ What nationality are your friends? – They are Egyptian.
- Where are you from? – I am from Italy.
- What nationality are you? – I am Italian.
- Are you American? – Yes, I am American.
- Is he Japan? – No, he isn’t. He is Chinese.
- Are you Egyptian? – Yes, I am Egyptian.
- Are you German or French? – I am French.
⬤ Reading passage
These are my friends. This is Takumi. He is Japanese. This is Lucas. He is Danish. This is Oliver. He is British. These boys are from The USA. They are American. That is Lucia under the tree. She is Spanish. She likes reading under the tree. That is Li. He is Chinese. He lives in China. Lastly, this is Yasin. He is Turkish. He lives in Turkey. I have many friends from different countries.
⬤ Picture quiz about the nationalities vocabulary
When you see the picture about the nationalities select the relevant option from the list. This quiz helps you identify the names of the nationalities.
⬤ Listening test with pictures
When you click on the play button you will hear one of the nationalities. Listen and select the relevant picture from the list of images.
⬤ Writing test with pictures
When you see the picture of the nationality, type the name of it into the text box. Every correct answer adds 10 points to the score.
⬤ Spelling test about nationalities
Test your spelling skill with this test. Listen and type the name of the nationality into the test box.
⬤ Worksheets about nationalities to download
Worksheets about nationalities vocabulary are here. Download and share these printable ESL worksheets for free. There are two formats: pdf and jpg image.
|• Nationalities word scramble game worksheet|
|• Nationalities word search puzzle worksheet|
External resource links:
You can jump to nationalities category page to find extra activities and games in this website by clicking here. However, there are some external links that may help you. You can click here to watch a video about nationalities or here to watch and listen to a conversation about nationalities on VOA news. You can also play a matching game here which is a good activity from British Council.