Table of Contents
- ⬤ What is human resources vocabulary in business English?
- ⬤ How to learn human resources vocabulary?
- ⬤ Word list of human resources vocabulary in business English
- ⬤ Memory cards exercise about human resources vocabulary
- ⬤ Vocabulary test about human resources vocabulary
- ⬤ Writing test about human resources vocabulary
- ⬤ Memory cards to test human resources vocabullary
⬤ What is human resources vocabulary in business English?
Human resources vocabulary is the vocabulary about the personnel of a business organization which includes issues like compensation and benefits, recruiting, hiring employees, training and performance management.
⬤ How to learn human resources vocabulary?
This page is dedicated to human resources vocabulary, so you will find a lot of vocabulary activities to learn it. You can learn by the help of games, puzzles, tests, word definitions and flashcards. You can see the links to these activities below this page.
⬤ Word list of human resources vocabulary in business English
- employee: worker
- employer: patron
- to work overtime: to work more hours than required by the contract
- to work shifts: to work at different periods of a day as groups
- to be on the night shift: to work with night goup of workers
- flexitime: Flexible working hours
- a roster: a list or plan showing turns of duty
- to have time off : to take vacation or leave
- to take a day off: to be absent from work for a day with permission
- full-time: the whole of someone\’s available working time
- part-time: to work only part of the usual working day or week
- to be punctual : to start or arrive at the required time
- home working: to work from home instead of going to the office
- time sheet: a piece of paper for recording the number of hours worked
- to take a break: to stop working for a short time to relax
- public holidays : national holidays that are not generally worked
- hourly rate: the salary that is paid per hour of work
- fixed hours : unchangable working hours
- qualifications: a quality that makes one suitable for a particular job
- vacancy: an unoccupied position or job
- apply for a job: to request a position in a company
- applicants: a person who makes a formal application for something, usually a job
- Experience: knowledge acquired in work over time
- Salary: a fixed regular payment typically monthly
- to fire: dismiss someone from a job
- recruit: persuade someone to work for you
- to sack from: losing job because of disciplinary reasons
- Pay: money that the employer give
- pay rate: the money per hour
- demanding: a job that requires a lot of effort
- career: the working experiences as a worker in your life
- temporary contract: short-term contract
- to promote: to raise someone to a higher position or rank
- to demote: to give a lower position or rank
- to retire: to stop working because of illness or age
- income tax: the tax that you pay for your income
⬤ Memory cards exercise about human resources vocabulary
Firstly, read the definition on the memory card below and after that guess the meaning of it. You can check your answer by clicking on the answer button.
❯❯ Top 140 Business English vocabulary
❯❯ Sales and Marketing vocabulary for business English
❯❯ Money, Finance and Banking vocabulary for business English
❯❯ Advertising vocabulary for business English
❯❯ Project Management vocabulary for business English
❯❯ International Trade (Import-Export) vocabulary for business English
❯❯ Investment Vocabulary for business English
⬤ Vocabulary test about human resources vocabulary
Here is a vocabulary test about human resources. In this vocabulary exercise read the definition and select the relevant option from the list. For each correct answer you get 10 points.
⬤ Writing test about human resources vocabulary
The test below is an online vocabulary writing test about human resources. First read the definition. Then write the word or phrase that you have learnt into the text box.
⬤ Memory cards to test human resources vocabullary
You can practice human resources vocabulary here with flashcards. Guess the meaning of a word then click on the card to see the answer.
External resource links:
You can jump to business English category page to find extra activities and games in this website by clicking here. However, there are some external links that may help you. You can click here to read about business English or here to listen podcasts about business English. You can also see some nice videos on Youtube here.